I think as we read AbbyA’s and JMathis’ posts, we women all had to nod our heads in agreement. We’ve all been there, in one form or another. After all, which woman who is knee-deep in baby poo, with a ton of dishes in the sink, and a growing pile of laundry is actually in the mood for anything besides some help from their spouse and some shut-eye?!
Like all things in marriage, differences are inevitable. Excuses are understandable, and they’re often legitimate…but be careful, or that two-week dry-spell can quickly mushroom into three weeks…four weeks…
As we close out this month’s topic on boys and as a lead-in to our weekend countdown (and even more to put a smile on your face as we do), I have comprised a list of Top 10 reasons a’la David Letterman style to encourage you on why you should start gettin’ busy with your spouse…
10. Because it’s one of God’s commandments.
9. Because studies have shown that it’s known to improve your overall health and add years to your life. (Of course, if you get busy with someone other than your wife, it’s been known to reduce your life span a’la vengeful wife!)
8. Because it’s cheaper than a night out on the town!
7. Because it would make your husband happy….very, very happy. (And all the men said…AMEN!)
6. Because it’s the most fun you can have in 10 minutes or less!
5. Because you gotta eventually get some use out of all that lingerie you got at your bridal shower!
4. Because let’s face it…you could use the exercise!
3. Because for men, it has less side-effects than a sleeping pill, and for women, it’s an easy way to get your hubby to konk out so you can control the remote!
2. Did I mention it would make your husband happy? Really, really, happy!
And the # 1 reason you should do the horizontal tango with your spouse is because…drum roll, please…
1. What else you gonna do? Desperate Housewives is in re-runs…
That’s all folks! So get out and get busy! (And that only goes for you married folks! You single folks can…um…watch those reruns again! 😉